Front lid will stay closed for this proxy. The fifth silicon mould has been OK now. I had some issues with the integrated 3DP louvres. They have been too deep in comparison with the width and were not stable enough for casting.
Now the first coat of lacquer has been applied. Both shells are silver now!
Post by Andrew Rowland on Feb 13, 2019 13:48:06 GMT -5
Extraordinary work Thomas, great to see the process. Just like real racing in the past we all have a different idea, we set it in motion, then we work and work on it until something magical pops out and all the while we dream of victory......
I'm in awe of those who do that casting thing. I just can't get my head round it. Best wishes Andi
Finally both cars are nearly ready but still untested. I have to finalize them now. I'm late anyway. The W125 kit of PP is perfect and easy to build. Really nothing to do, just painting. The only negative point is the driver bust which seams to be to small. It would have been better to use an Immense Minature driver as well.
Some photo-etch parts. Sorry for spelling Donington wrong. Finally you can see all the flaws when you take pictures...
And this how the cars look from the underside.
This week I'm on a business trip again but the upcoming weekend the cars will be shipped to the UK. The W165 runs smooth with the separate motor pod and the offset crown. Motor is from SRP (18.000 rpm) and weight is pretty low with less than 60g in total. Best regards Thomas
Last Edit: Apr 8, 2019 1:47:16 GMT -5 by tomato007
Thomas An amazing build and excellent historical coverage - very interesting. I am in awe of what you guys do with turning a piece of carving into a beautiful smooth resin mould. Excellent looking cars and good luck with your race.
Finally the cars are ready and running but more or less untested on the way to the UK. I learned today on the post office that I have to make a non-EC shipment with full customs declaration because Brexit has become reality for "Deutsche Post"! I still had some hope... Thomas