This is a re-work of the Scalextric Cooper Austin (C66) that I put together last year. It is supposed to represent a 1962 Cooper T59 Formula Junior that has been prepared for present-day vintage racing. I don't know if the Scalextric model was supposed to be a T59, or not, but I was able to find several photos of T59s online, so that is what I went with. It is not a replica of a specific car, but a composite.
As I wanted the car to be eligible to race at Laguna Seca, where race cars may not be louder than a whisper, it has a muffler installed.
The car uses the original motor, guide, braids, wiring, wheels, tires, body, and driver. Much cutting, grinding, drilling, burning, breaking, and swearing ensued.
The paint color is "Machine Green". I assume this is the familiar green applied to many machine tools.
I found some dry transfers in a beautiful vintage font that I wanted to use for the numbers, but I couldn't get the transfers to stick to the surface of the body. In the end, I used some water slide decals. I still want to figure out how to apply dry erase transfers to smooth bodywork. Perhaps if I key the surface a bit, the transfers will bite.
The in-car camera suffered a mosquito-strike and was knocked off its mount, but it has been re-installed using stronger bolts.