This car is a version of the one driven by Art Merzario at the 1975 Italian Grand Prix.
Time to share my latest efforts. This car uses a modified Flyslot Lotus 78 chassis as its base. The wheels/tyres, motor, guide, motor cover and the small rear magnet are retained. The rest went in the spares box....
The shell is a creation of Simon (DNQ), decals by Reissorg (tyre and some other small decals Pattos) and the wings, mirrors and crown gear cover were made by me.
The chassis had to be shortened to fit the shell and a the join in the chassis was strengthened with plastic. I used the Flyslot driver body and a DNQ helmet.
I did not want the Lotus 78 fire extinguisher to cover the crown gear and so I cut and modified part of a DNQ engine cover.
The body shell was subjected to the usual file, filler and frustration techniques but in the end it worked out well.
Time for some pictures (and apologies to those who have seen these elsewhere!)
As my cars don't run in anger they are not big in the way of reinforcing. On the Ferrari 312B3 I built a couple of months ago I created slots for the front wings to fit into to try and make them more secure. However, it was a lot of work for little benefit and so on this car the wings are created in plasticard and super glued onto the body prior to painting. (The Shadow DN5 had a continous wing running under the nose and so it was quite firmly glued in place.)